Welcome To DailyEducation

DailyEducation is an open-source platform for educational updates and sharing knowledge with the World of Everyday students.

World Bank Announces New Country Manager for Maldives

dailyeducation

Administrator
Staff member
WASHINGTON —Mr. Gevorg Sargsyan is the World Bank’s new Country Manager for Maldives.
Mr. Sargsyan, an Armenian national, joined the World Bank in 2000, bringing over two decades of diverse experience to the role. His career at the World Bank includes serving in various capacities, notably as Country Manager and Manager of Operations in Europe, Central Asia and East Asia, as well as Program Manager for Climate Finance and as Global Lead for Clean Energy. His most recent assignment was as Country Manager for Ukraine, based in Kyiv.

“I am looking forward to working closely with our partners and stakeholders in Maldives,” said Mr. Sargsyan. “My priority is to strengthen the World Bank’s robust partnership with the Maldivian government, to support the country in implementing its home-grown economic reforms, and to create the space for investments in people, climate and infrastructure that the Maldives needs to build a resilient economy.”

In his new role, Mr. Sargsyan will oversee a total portfolio of around $217 million and the implementation of the World Bank’s Country Partnership Framework for Maldives, which aims to support the country’s development priorities.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock