Ural Federal University hosts the visit of General Consul of China in Ekaterinburg

dailyeducation

Administrator
Staff member
Ural_Federal_University_eng-3.jpg

On May 23, the students of the Ural Institute of Humanities met the Consul General of the People’s Republic of China in Ekaterinburg. At the invitation of the Rector, Cui Shaochun gave a lecture on modern China and current Chinese-Russian international relations.

The Chinese Consul General emphasized that Russian-Chinese cooperation is a model of interaction between great powers and neighboring countries. It is also a key factor and constructive force in building a new type of international relations. In addition, the Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin is about to pay a working visit to the Russian-Chinese Business Forum in Shanghai with the aim of strengthening economic relations.

“The friendship between China and Russia must be maintained and strengthened by the younger generations of the two countries. The constant strengthening of mutual understanding is a prerequisite for the continuous development of bilateral relations. Since I came to work in Ekaterinburg, I have seen the local people’s interest in China. The development of international relations is growing steadily, as is the understanding of Chinese culture among Russians,” said the Consul General.

During the meeting they also discussed the peculiarities of the development of Chinese-Russian intercommunication and academic interaction. The Consul expressed his hope for further cooperation between Russian and Chinese universities.

“The Consulate General promotes exchanges between young people of the two countries and educates the future generations of the friendship between the two countries. More than 1,600 Chinese students are currently studying at the Ural Federal University. Many of them have returned to China after graduation and continue to work for the benefit of friendship between the two countries. This year, as a result of the work of our Consulate General, Sichuan University will accept students from UrFU. I have reported this to the university administration. I hope that more students from UrFU will study in China and contribute to the friendship between the two countries,” said Cui Shaochun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock