Ural Federal University Expert Defends Third Doctoral Thesis

dailyeducation

Administrator
Staff member
Ural_Federal_University_eng-3.jpg

The professor of the Department of Architecture at the Institute of Civil Engineering and Architecture of the Ural Federal University has been awarded a doctoral degree for the third time. The official decree on the award of the Doctor of Engineering degree to Andrey Korotich has been published recently. The latest issue of the Ural Federal Newspaper (No. 9, May 22) published an interview with the scientist, in which he described the defense of his doctoral thesis and emotions after receiving one more academic degree.

“For many years I have been developing technical algorithms for modeling new forms of architecture and design,” says Andrey Korotich. – My latest dissertation is dedicated to solving this scientific and practical problem. I am thinking and acting as an instrument creator, who develops a new tool for artistic and technical forms. Works of this kind are extremely complex and therefore unique. They require a set of specific knowledge, skills and talents.

According to the scientist, each doctoral thesis is unique – both in its scientific essence and in the stages of its development: pre-defense, defense and post-defense.

“The first two are my favorites. If I were to characterize the features of each of my doctoral defenses, the first one in architecture would be “frightening tension”, the second one in art history would be “fantastic joy”, and the third one in technical sciences would be “a bloody battle! Each thesis is a unique challenge with an unpredictable outcome, – says Andrey Korotich. – I would like to add that the theme of geometric shaping and innovating in various aspects and directions runs through all of my work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock