UGC NET Online Application 2023, How to Submit at ugcnet.nta.nic.in

naveen

NTA UGC NET Online Application 2023 link has been activated by the National Eligibility Test on its official website, . Candidates who wish to apply for this may submit online applications on the web portal.

Eligible and interest candidates can check details and fill the online application form with the required information at the website.

The is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship and eligibility for Assistant Professor both in Indian universities and colleges. The online window for the National Eligibility Test (NET) would be started as per the dates.

UGC NET Exam Details​

1. The duration of the exam will be for 180 minutes for Paper I and Paper-II
  2. There will be no break between Paper I and Paper II
  3. Paper-I will comprise of 100 marks having 50 questions
  4. Paper-II will comprise of 200 marks having 100 questions
  5. The examination will be conducted in two shifts- the first shift from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm and second shift from 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm
  6. The examination shall be conducted as the Computer Based Test (CBT) only. Wherever Online examination has been used elsewhere in this booklet, it means CBT.
NTA UGC NET Online Application 2022

NTA UGC NET Online Application 2023
Name of the ApplicationNTA UGC NET Online Application 2023
TitleUGC NET Registration 2023
SubjectNTA has released UGC NET Online Application Form 2023
CategoryApplication Form
Registration10-05-2023 to 31-05-2023
Exam Date13-06-2023 to 22-06-2203
Official website
UGC NET Registration Details

Eligibility Criteria:​

Educational Qualification: Candidates need to secure at least 55 per cent marks in Master’s degree or equivalent examination from recognised universities/institutions.

There is five per cent relaxation for OBC, Scheduled Caste(SC)/ Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) category and transgender candidates who have secured at least 50 per cent marks (without rounding off) in Masters degree or equivalent examination.

Those who are pursuing their Master’s (in the final year) can also apply. Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of the mark.

Age limit: The upper age limit for appearing in JRF has also been raised by two years, i.e. from the existing upper age limit of 28 years to 30 years. However, the age relaxation will be the same as it was earlier.

Junior Research Fellowship (JRF): The upper age limit for appearing in JRF has been raised by two years, i.e. from the existing upper age limit of 28 years to 30 years (the relaxation as earlier will remain same).

Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit: Age limit increased: The age limit has been raised by 2 years. Earlier, the upper age limit for appearing for JRF was 28 years, but now, it has been increased to 30 years.

Aadhaar card not mandatory to apply online – Following queries received from the students, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has clarified that Aadhaar number is only one of the types of identification and is not mandatory.

The UGC-NET bulletin clearly provides that the candidates can also enter passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid government identity number, mentioned the official statement

Steps to apply Online for UGC NET?​

The exam fees of Rs.1,000 for the general category, Rs.500 for the OBC category and Rs.250 for the SC, ST and PwD categories. 4 Simple Steps to be followed to apply online.

• Apply for Online Registration
  • Fill Online Application Form
  • Upload Scanned Photo & Signature
  • Pay Examination Fee

How to submit UGC NET Online Application?​

Candidates have to apply online mode only. Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for UGC National Eligibility Test. The candidates should fill all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details, a Confirmation Page with Application Number shall be generated. For online submissions, students should follow the given simple steps.

1. Visit the website
    Candidates need to visit the official website of UGC National Eligibility Test by entering web address in your device browser and enter the key, then UGC NET website will appear in your device.

2. Click on the Application Form Link
    On the homepage, click on UGC NET relevant Form. Registration web page will be opened. This form has four sections.

3. Click on the New Registration Button
    On this web page of UGC NET Exam application form, students can click on the 'New Registration' button. Then you will be redirected to instructions web page. Students should read the instructions and procedure for online submission of Application Form.

4. Click on Proceed button
    After reading all instructions on this web page of UGC NET, select the check box and click on the 'Click here to Proceed' button to proceed to complete the registration process.

5. Complete Registration Process
    This section is very important. Once your reach the UGC NET Exam application form, fill the application form with remaining personal details, Applying for details, Education Details and finally click on the submit button. A review page will be appeared. In this page, once again verify the details and click on the final submit button to proceed to upload documents.

6. Upload Scanned Photo & Signature
    After completion of application process at UGC NET web portal, you need to click on the upload images button. Then upload documents web page will be opened. In this section, upload the required documents. Once you upload all the documents successfully, proceed button enabled to pay the fee.

7. Fee Payment
    The candidate has to select Debit/Credit/Net Banking Card option to pay the fee and follow the instruction to complete the payment process. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the 'Confirmation Page'. Once pay the examination fee for UGC NET is non-refundable.

8. Downloading of Confirmation Page
    The Candidate should take print of Confirmation Page and keep it for future reference. The Confirmation Page should not be sent to NTA.

FAQs on UGC NET Online Application​

1. What is the mode of UGC NET payment of Registration fee?​

UGC NET payment mode for Registration fee is through Debit Card / Credit Card and Net banking.

2. How do I submit the UGC NET Online Application form?​

Visit the UGC NET website and go through the information carefully. Be ready with the 'Mandatory Details' and then Click on “Application Fee Payment” tab. It will guide you through the whole process by providing information about UGC NET.

3. What shall I do if I don’t have my personal Email-id?​

Personal Email-Id is mandatory as the UGC NET Payment confirmation or any other future correspondence is done only through the registered personal Email-id. Hence, you are advised to create a new personal email-id immediately.

4. What shall I do if I don’t have a personal Mobile number?​

Personal Mobile number is mandatory as the UGC NET Payment confirmation or any other information will be communicated only through the registered Mobile number. Mobile number may also belong to your Parents / Guardian.

5. What should I do with the Filled in Application Form?​

You have to take a print and keep a copy of this form and preserve it carefully. Use this Registration number for all future correspondence. If you have given your e-mail id., then a copy of the “UGC NET Filled in Online Application form” will be mailed to your e-mail address.

6. Should I upload my photograph and signature?​

You need to upload the Photo (size < 50KB) and Signature (size < 30KB) on JEECUP web portal as and when prompted by the system.

7. How much is the Application fee for UGC NET examination?​

Application and Registration fee to appear for UGC NET examination is ₹250 for SC/ST category, ₹500 for EWS and ₹1000 for Others.

8. Do I need to post my application and attachments?​

No, you need not post or submit by hand your UGC NET filled-in online application and attachments to the JEECUP office.

9. I did some mistake in filling the details in Online Application, then how to change?​

The candidates are expected to be very careful while filling the UGC NET Online Application. NTA would opened its correction window for UGC NET exam. Candidates who are willing to make the changes at .

10. How do I know that my Application has been received after filling in the Online Application?​

On successful submission of the UGC NET Online Application, you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile with the Registration number. Further, your 'Filled-in Online Application' containing all the details uploaded to the database which were filled by you along with the Registration number and the Barcode will be displayed instantly.

1. About NTA UGC NET: UGC (University Grants Commission) is a statutory organisation established by the union government in 1956. Its main objective is to provide recognition to the Indian universities and provide funds to such recognised universities and colleges.

NTA now conducts this exam on behalf of UGC for the post of Lecturer and for providing the JRF for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and in research. For any query, candidates can check out the official website.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock