Three Playlists Every Teacher Needs for ’20-’21

naveen

As the 2020-2021 school year continues to be marked by change and uncertainty, teachers are continually adapting to new teaching modalities, tools, and classroom environments. One constant that can bring a sense of comfort and familiarity is music. Not only can music enhance the learning experience within classrooms or virtual lessons, but it can also help create a positive environment in which students feel motivated and engaged. Here are three playlists every teacher needs for the ’20-’21 school year.

1. The Energizing Morning Playlist

Kick off each day with an energizing morning playlist designed to wake up those sleepy brains and spark enthusiasm for the day ahead. This playlist should feature uplifting tracks from various genres that get students excited about learning. Incorporate songs they might recognize from their favorite shows or artists, but don’t be afraid to introduce some timeless classics.

Sample songs:

– “Happy” by Pharrell Williams

– “Can’t Stop The Feeling!” by Justin Timberlake

– “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves

– “I Gotta Feeling” by The Black Eyed Peas

– “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey

2. The Concentration Playlist

Create a playlist specifically crafted for focus and concentration during individual or group work periods. This can include instrumental pieces, gentle acoustic tracks, or movie soundtracks that provide an ambiance without distracting lyrics.

Sample songs:

– “River Flows In You” by Yiruma

– “The Ludlows” from Legends of the Fall (James Horner)

– “Marry Me” by Train (instrumental)

– “Orbit” by NAO

– “Wildest Dreams” by Taylor Swift (acoustic)

3. The End-of-Day Reflection Playlist

At the end of each school day, it’s important for students to unwind and reflect on what they’ve accomplished and learned. Create a playlist featuring soothing and inspirational songs that help students re-center and celebrate their achievements.

Sample songs:

– “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong

– “Count on Me” by Bruno Mars

– “Three Little Birds” by Bob Marley

– “Imagine” by John Lennon

– “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers

In conclusion, music is a powerful tool for teachers to foster an engaging and positive classroom environment. Having these three playlists at your disposal for the ’20-’21 school year will not only brighten your students’ days but could also have lasting positive effects on their educational journey.

The post appeared first on .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock