The Emerald Heights International School

Educator

1. How did the idea of stepping into education strike you?

We are the second generation running the school so it’s more of filling the shoes than stepping in. But continuing the legacy is always a matter of pride and education is where our heart is. We love interacting with children and planning for their future.

2. What interested you to work in the education field?

Working in education gives you an opportunity to explore the dynamic world of students and as they say school is four walls with a future in it and we are proud to shape the future of our country and the world.

3. How does your knowledge and experience in the field of education influence your partner who is working in the same field and vice-versa?

It’s necessary to acknowledge and accept each other’s expertise and skills.

New and different perspectives are always welcomed. You have to make sure you continuously upgrade yourself by attending different seminars and conferences.

4. In what ways is She/he your pillar of strength?

I would say she is my sounding board for new ideas which are great and some which are not so great. Honest feedback is the key to stepping in the right direction and I feel your spouse plays a very important role in that.

5. As your personal and professional lives are deeply intertwined, what are the unique challenges you face every day?

The biggest challenge would be to separate the work life from personal life as you can find yourself continuously discussing work at home. I feel separating the two is important but is very difficult to do.

6. How does your partner support you to deal with the daily challenges?

I think you always need support in dealing with different work and family situations and your partner again plays a very important role in making sure you are taken care of.

7. Being in the same profession you are exposed to differences of opinion. How do you cope with it?

To view the problems from different perspectives, hear each out, to compromise but be firm when needed and to be constructive when discussing. But more importantly to agree on the decisions in the end is important.

8. Maintaining a balance between work and home may get difficult at times, may it be for a husband or wife? How do you manage the same ?

I like to plan ahead, this helps in knowing what agendas/responsibilities we have during the week which makes it easier to balance.

9. Describe one special quality in your partner, which you wish you had and why?

I think she is more creative and that really helps is planning different activities in school. When it comes to work he always acts rather than react to a situation. This is one thing I’ve learned from him and I’m working on it.

10. How do you motivate each other in times of crisis?

It’s a support based system where each partner knows what they have to do in a given situation. I think sometimes all you need is knowing that someone is standing behind you.

11.A message for the couples who are working in the same profession.

Being comfortable with each other’s feedback and not to take it like judgement. Feel the freedom of being who you are and seeing the positive or negative, and knowing that acknowledging both is ok. Accept each other’s expertise and skills and build on them together.

12. When you enter the house the work stays at the door, as you have other things to pay attention to. Do you live by this policy, if yes how do you make it possible?

It is necessary to allow each other space to have your own ‘me time’ and create your own identities. But I will be lying if I say that the work stays outside but we should be in continuous pursuit to achieve the right work/life balance.

13. What would be your success mantra to this perfect combination of personal and professional partnership?

Moving outside our comfort zone, experiencing things together in relation to the school, discussing new-found insights and coming to conclusions together have been the most successful dimensions of our team work.

6 total views

The post appeared first on .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock