PAN Card Name Correction, How to Change Name on PAN? and Require Documents

naveen

PAN Card Name Correction facility is available at PAN Service Portal. Citizens can change your Name in PAN Card at NSDL Online Services Portal: onlineservices.nsdl.com.

If you have recently changed your name due to marriage, divorce, or any other reason, it’s important to get your PAN card updated as well. A PAN card is a crucial document that serves as an identity proof and is required for various financial transactions in India.

Are you worried because your PAN card has an incorrect name? Do you know how to correct it? The Permanent Account Number (PAN) card is an essential document for all Indian citizens that helps them in various .

It is important to ensure that the details on your PAN card are accurate and up-to-date. In this page, we will provide information everything to you through the process of correcting your name on your PAN card.

What is PAN Card?​

The Permanent Account Number (PAN) card is a 10-digit alphanumeric unique identification number that is issued by the Indian Income Tax Department. It is used for various financial transactions such as opening a bank account, filing income tax returns, buying or selling property, and more. It is mandatory for Indian citizens to have a PAN card.

What is PAN Card Name Change?​

A PAN Card Name Change is the process of updating your name on your PAN card. This can be done if your name has been legally changed due to marriage, divorce, or any other reason. Your PAN card is an important document that should reflect your updated name to avoid any confusion in financial transactions.

Why is Name Correction on PAN Card Important?​

The name on your PAN card should match the name on your other identity documents such as Aadhaar card, voter ID card, and passport. In case of a mismatch, it can create problems during financial transactions, and it may also lead to the rejection of your application. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that your name on your PAN card is correct.

PAN Card Address Update 2023

PAN Card Name Change 2023
Name of the UpdatePAN Card Name Update 2023
TitlePAN Card Name Change
SubjectPAN Card Name Correction
CategoryPAN Card
PAN Website
Name Change in PAN
Name Correction in PAN
PAN Card Name Update 2023

Steps for PAN Card Name Change​

Updating your name on your PAN card after a legal name change is important to avoid any discrepancies in financial transactions. Make sure to follow the necessary steps and submit the required documents to get your name updated on your PAN card. Follow these steps to change your name on your PAN card:

1. Visit the official website
    Citizens must visit the NSDL website or PAN card website ( )

2. Click on changes Or Correction in PAN Data
    Once you reach the official website of PAN Service Portal, click on the “Click on changes Or Correction in PAN Data” on the home page.

3. Click on Apply for changes Or Correction
    After clicking on that link, new web page will be opened. Now, click on apply for changes Or Correction in PAN Data.

4. Fill the form
    After that, Application for Change/ Correction in PAN Data web page will be opened. In this page, fill in the form with the required details and click on submit button.

5. Upload documents
    Upload the required documents such as proof of identity, address, and date of birth.

6. Save the acknowledgement
    Pay the processing fee. Submit the form and save the acknowledgement.

How to Correct Name on PAN Card Offline Method​

1. Download the ‘Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN Data’ form from the NSDL or UTIITSL website.
  2. Fill in the form with the required details and attach the necessary documents.
  3. Submit the form at the nearest NSDL or UTIITSL office.
  4. Pay the processing fee.
  5. Collect the acknowledgement receipt.

Documents Required for PAN Card Name Change​

Documents Required for PAN Card Name Correction. To change your name on your PAN card, you will need to submit the following documents:

Proof of Identity​

You can submit any one of the following documents as proof of identity:

• Aadhaar Card
  • Voter ID Card
  • Driving License
  • Passport
  • Ration Card with a photograph

Proof of Address​

You can submit any one of the following documents as proof of address:

• Aadhaar Card
  • Voter ID Card
  • Driving License
  • Passport
  • Bank Account Statement
  • Utility bill (electricity bill, telephone bill, etc.)

Proof of Name Change​

You can submit any one of the following documents as proof of name change:

• Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce Decree
  • Gazette Notification
  • Affidavit

Points to Remember​

• The name change request should be made only after updating the name in other government records such as Aadhaar, Voter ID, and Passport.
  • The name change request should be made only if the change is due to a legal reason.
  • The name change request can be made online or offline through the NSDL website or PAN Card center.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)​

1. Can I change my name on my PAN card online?​

Yes, you can change your name on your PAN card online through the NSDL website.

2. Is it necessary to update the name on my PAN card after marriage?​

Yes, it is important to update the name on your PAN card after marriage to avoid any discrepancies in financial transactions.

3. What is the fee for PAN Card Name Change?​

The fee for PAN Card Name Change is Rs. 110 for Indian residents and Rs. 1,020 for foreign residents.

4. How long does it take for the name to be updated on the PAN card?​

It usually takes around 15-20 days for the name to be updated on the PAN card.

5. Q. Can I change my name on my PAN card without any proof?​

No, you cannot change your name on your PAN card without any proof. You will need to submit the necessary documents as proof of name change.

6. Can I Correct Name on PAN Card Without Aadhaar Card?​

Yes, you can correct your name on your PAN card without Aadhaar card. You can use other identity documents such as voter ID card, passport, driving license, etc. to make the correction.

7. Can I Make Other Corrections Along with Name Correction on PAN Card?​

Yes, you can make other corrections such as address, date of birth, and more along with name correction on your PAN card.

1. Conclusion​

A PAN Card Name Change is a simple process that can be done online or offline through the NSDL website or PAN Card center. It is important to update your name on your PAN card to avoid any discrepancies in financial transactions. Make sure to follow the necessary steps and submit the required documents to get your name updated on your PAN card.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock