PAN Card Address Update: Change Address in PAN Card using Aadhaar?

naveen

PAN Address Update or PAN Card Address Update facility is available at NSDL Web Portal. Citizens can change your Address in PAN Card Online at UTI Infrastructure Technology and Service Ltd. portal ( ).

A PAN Card or Permanent Account Number is a ten-digit alphanumeric code that serves as a unique identification number for taxpayers in India.

It is mandatory to have a PAN card to file income tax returns, carry out financial transactions, and avail of other benefits like opening a bank account, buying a property, or applying for a passport.

However, if you have recently changed your address, you need to update it on your PAN card to avoid any complications while conducting financial transactions or filing your tax returns.

In this page, we will provide information on the process of PAN Card Address Change, the documents required, and the common FAQs related to the process.

What is a PAN Card?​

A PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card is a 10-digit alphanumeric identification number issued by the Income Tax Department of India. It serves as a unique identifier for individuals, companies, and other entities that engage in financial transactions.

Why is a PAN Card important?​

A PAN Card is essential for conducting various in India, such as opening a bank account, filing income tax returns, and making investments. It also serves as a proof of identity and is required for various government-related transactions.

Why update PAN Card address?​

If you have moved to a new address, it is important to update your PAN Card address to ensure that all communication from the Income Tax Department reaches you. Failure to update your address can lead to delays in receiving important communication or even legal consequences.

PAN Card Address Update 2023

Name of the UpdatePAN Card Address Update 2023
TitlePAN Card Address Change
SubjectPAN Card Address Correction
CategoryPAN Card
PAN Website
Address Change in PAN
Address Update in PAN

Who can apply for a PAN card address change?​

Any individual who has a PAN card can apply for a change in their address. This includes individuals who have moved to a new address or those who have made errors while filling out their PAN card application.

Important Points to Remember​

• Ensure that you fill in all the necessary fields correctly to avoid any delays in processing your request.
  • Make sure that you send all the necessary supporting documents within 15 days of making the payment.
  • Keep a copy of all the documents that you send to NSDL for future reference.

How to update PAN Card address?​

Have you moved to a new address and need to update your PAN Card address? The good news is that the process is relatively simple and can be done online. Updating your PAN Card address is a simple process that can be done online. Follow these steps to update your PAN Card address:

1. Visit the NSDL website
    Visit the NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) website at

2. Select the appropriate form
    Under the 'Application Type' dropdown menu, select 'Changes or Correction in existing PAN Data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in existing PAN Data)'

3. Fill in the required details
    Fill in your personal details, including your PAN Card number, name, and date of birth. In the 'Category' dropdown menu, select 'Individual' if you are updating the address for yourself.

4. Fill in the address details
    In the 'Address' section, fill in your new address details. You can choose to update only your residential or office address or both.

5. Submit the form
    After filling in all the details, click on the 'Submit' button. You will be redirected to a payment page where you will have to pay a fee of Rs.110 (inclusive of taxes) using a credit/debit card or net banking.

6. Upload the required documents
    After making the payment, you will be prompted to upload the necessary documents. You will need to upload a copy of your address proof and a copy of your PAN Card.

7. Submit the form
    After uploading the documents, click on the 'Submit' button. You will receive an acknowledgement number, which you can use to track the status of your application.

How to change PAN address using Aadhaar?​

A citizen wants to change his/her residential address on the PAN card, they can now do it sitting at house with the help of Aadhaar. To make it easier, here are a few steps by which one can change their PAN card address.

• Citizen must visit the UTI Infrastructure Technology and Service Ltd. portal ( ).
  • Once you reach the official website, enter the required details, such as the PAN number, Aadhaar number, email ID, mobile number, GSTIN, address update source.
  • Click on option one, Aadhaar Base e-KYC Address Update, to update the address with the help of the Aadhaar card.
  • Enter captcha, and agree on the terms and conditions and click on Submit.
  • A One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the Aadhaar-linked email ID and mobile number and Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’.
  • Once all the steps are followed, residential address will be updated as per the details on the Aadhaar Card.
  • For security purposes, you will receive an email and text about the same on the registered contact details.

Documents Required for PAN Card Address Change​

When applying for a PAN Card Address Change, certain documents are required to verify your identity and address. Here is a list of the documents that are accepted by the NSDL and UTIITSL:

• Proof of identity (PAN card or Aadhaar card)
  • Proof of address (Aadhaar card, passport, driving license, voter ID, or utility bill)
  • Recent passport-sized photograph
  • Demand draft or cheque for processing fee (if applying offline)

It is important to note that the proof of address document should be in the name of the applicant and should not be older than three months.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)​

1. Can I track the status of my PAN Card Address Change application?​

Yes, you can track the status of your application using the acknowledgement number on the NSDL or UTIITSL website.

2. Can I change my PAN card address if I have moved to a different city?​

Yes, you can change your PAN card address regardless of whether you have moved to a different city or within the same city.

3. How much time does it take to update the PAN Card address?​

It takes around 15-20 days to update the PAN Card address after submitting the application.

4. Can I change my PAN Card address without proof of address?​

No, you cannot change your PAN Card address without a valid proof of address document.

5. Is it mandatory to update my PAN Card address?​

Yes, it is mandatory to update your PAN Card address within 90 days of changing your address to avoid any legal consequences.

6. What is the processing fee for PAN Card Address Change?​

The processing fee for PAN Card Address Change is Rs. 110 (excluding taxes) for Indian residents and Rs. 1,020 (excluding taxes) for foreign residents.

7. Can I change my PAN Card address multiple times?​

Yes, you can change your PAN Card address multiple times by following the same process as mentioned above.

1. Conclusion​

Updating your PAN Card address is an important process that should not be neglected. It ensures that all communication from the Income Tax Department reaches you at the correct address. The process is relatively simple and can be done online through the NSDL website. Make sure to keep your address updated to avoid any delays or legal consequences.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock