PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check, How to Check PAN-Aadhaar Linking Status?

naveen

PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check facility available on its Income Tax Department official website. Citizens can check PAN Aadhaar Linking Status online at .

The Indian government has made it mandatory for all taxpayers to link their PAN with their Aadhaar card, which is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the UIDAI.

Linking your PAN with Aadhaar helps to eliminate the possibility of multiple PAN cards being issued under a single name and also helps in verifying the identity of the taxpayer.

If you have a PAN card and an Aadhaar card, linking them is mandatory as per the Indian government’s directives. The linking process ensures transparency and helps curb fraudulent activities.

If you have already linked your PAN and Aadhaar card, it is essential to check the status of the linking to ensure that the process was successful. In this page, we will guide you through the steps to check the PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check and provide answers to some frequently asked questions.

What is PAN Aadhaar Linking?​

PAN (Permanent Account Number) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department of India. It is used for tracking tax-related activities of individuals and businesses.

On the other hand, Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It is used as an identity proof for various services in India.

PAN Aadhaar linking refers to linking the PAN and Aadhaar numbers of an individual. It helps in verifying the identity of the taxpayer and avoiding fraudulent activities. As per the latest updates by the Income Tax Department, it is mandatory for every individual to link their PAN and Aadhaar cards.

At present, PAN and Aadhaar cards have become mandatory documents for and various other services in India. Therefore, linking PAN and Aadhaar has become a crucial task for every Indian citizen. However, many people find it challenging to check the status of their PAN Aadhaar link.

PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check 2023

PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check 2023
Name of the statusPAN Aadhaar Link Status 2023
TitlePAN Aadhaar Linking Status Check
SubjectPAN Aadhaar Card Linking Status Check
CategoryPAN
linking PAN & Aadhaar Last DateJune 30, 2023
Website
Link Aadhaar Status
PAN Card Aadhaar Linking Status Check

What is the PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check?​

The PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check is a process that allows you to check whether your PAN card and Aadhaar card are linked or not. If your PAN and Aadhaar are not linked, you can follow the steps to complete the linking process.

In order to provide some more time to the taxpayers, the date for linking PAN & Aadhaar has been extended to 30th June, 2023, whereby persons can intimate their Aadhaar to the prescribed authority for PAN-Aadhaar linking without facing repercussions.
(1/2)

— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia)
PAN Aadhaar Linking Deadline

Step-by-Step Guide to Check PAN Aadhaar Link Status​

The PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check is a crucial process that every taxpayer must undertake to ensure that their PAN and Aadhaar are linked. By checking the status of the PAN Aadhaar link regularly, taxpayers can avoid any confusion or issues that may arise in the future. Here are the steps to check the status of your PAN Aadhaar link:

1. Visit the Income Tax Department's e-filing portal
    Visit the official e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department. Click on the 'Link Aadhaar' option under the Quick Links section on the left side of the homepage.

2. Enter Your PAN and Aadhaar Number
    Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number in the designated fields on the 'Link Aadhaar' page. Enter your name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card, and then enter the captcha code.

3. Click on 'View Link Aadhaar Status'
    After entering all the required details, click on the 'View Link Aadhaar Status' button. The page will display the status of your PAN Aadhaar link. If your PAN and Aadhaar are linked, the page will display a message stating the same.

4. If your PAN and Aadhaar are not linked, follow the linking process
    If your PAN and Aadhaar are not linked, the page will display a message stating 'Your PAN is not linked to Aadhaar.' The page will also provide an option to complete the linking process. Click on the 'Click here' link to start the linking process.

5. Complete the linking process
    After clicking on the 'Click here' link, the page will redirect to a new page where you need to enter your Aadhaar number and click on the 'Generate OTP' button. Once you receive the OTP, enter it in the designated field and click on the 'Submit' button. Your PAN and Aadhaar will be linked.

Benefits of PAN Aadhaar Linking​

Linking your PAN and Aadhaar numbers offer several benefits. Here are a few of them:

1. Avoids Tax Fraud: Linking your PAN and Aadhaar numbers helps in avoiding tax fraud by eliminating duplicate PAN numbers and fake identities.
  2. Easy Income Tax Filing: Linking PAN and Aadhaar numbers makes it easy to file income tax returns as it auto-populates the required details.
  3. Government Subsidies: Linking your Aadhaar with your PAN enables you to receive government subsidies and other benefits directly in your bank account.
  4. Digital Locker: Once your PAN and Aadhaar are linked, you can access your Digital Locker on the UIDAI website. It contains all the essential documents and certificates in one place.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)​

1. Why is it mandatory to link PAN and Aadhaar?​

The linking of PAN and Aadhaar helps the government identify taxpayers and track their financial transactions. It helps curb fraudulent activities and ensures transparency.

2. Is it mandatory to link my PAN with Aadhaar?​

Yes, it is mandatory for all taxpayers to link their PAN with Aadhaar.

3. Can I link my PAN and Aadhaar offline?​

Yes, you can link your PAN and Aadhaar offline by submitting a form to the designated centres.

4. What is the deadline to link PAN and Aadhaar?​

The deadline to link PAN and Aadhaar has been extended multiple times, and the current deadline is 30th June 2023.

5. Can I check the PAN Aadhaar link status without logging in to the e-filing portal?​

No, you need to log in to the e-filing portal to check the PAN Aadhaar link status.

6. What should I do if my PAN and Aadhaar are not linked?​

You can follow the steps mentioned in this article to link your PAN and Aadhaar.

7. Can I check the status of my PAN Aadhaar link using my mobile number?​

No, you cannot check the status of your PAN Aadhaar link using your mobile number. You need to use either the online or offline method mentioned above.

8. How long does it take for the PAN Aadhaar link to be updated?​

The PAN Aadhaar link usually takes up to 7 days to be updated after the linking process.

1. Conclusion​

Linking your PAN Card and Aadhaar Card is mandatory, and checking the status of the link ensures compliance with the government’s directives. The PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check is a simple process that can be done online, and this article provides a step-by-step guide to complete the process.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock