Meet woman who got AIR 87 in UPSC exam in first attempt, but didn’t become IAS due to…

hanuman

In a country where lakhs of students aspire to clear the Civil cervices examination and become IAS officers, here is a story of an officer who cleared the exam in her first attempt with a All India Rank of 87, but did not decide to opt for the Indian Administrative Service.

Originally from Solan, Himachal Pradesh, Muskan Jindal was a diligent student who pursued a B. Com (Hons) degree from SD College at Punjab University, Chandigarh. She started her UPSC preparation after she graduated and chose to become a IFS officer even after securing a very prestigious rank.

Academic journey of Muskan Jindal​

The flourishing academic journey of Muskan began when she secured a perfect 10 Cumulative Grade Points Average in Class X board and achieved an impressive 96% in Class 12. Later in her life, Muskan secured the 5th rank in her graduation, completing B. Com (Hons) from SD College Chandigarh, Punjab University.

“I took online and offline guidance from some institutes but dwelt mainly on self-study. I had set weekly targets and consistently followed them in letter and spirit. I devoted about 7 to 8 hours to study every day” Muskan shared details about her UPSC preparation strategy.

In many interviews that she gave after she cleared the UPSC Exam, Muskan shared her unique view about social media usage where she advocated self-control rather than complete isolation. Moreover, Muskan stressed the importance of having the discipline to use mobile phone only when necessary.

Talking about her preparation phase, Muskan focused on NCERT books and standard texts. After completing her syllabus, Muskan solved test papers to assess her preparedness, relying on basic covering study approach.

Muskan has shared various interview strategies where she has said that she firmly believes in honest and balanced in your approach during the interview is important. Muskan acknowledged in an interview that seeking guidance from various institutes, both online and offline can be very helpful. However Muskan also highlighted the primary role of self-study in her extra-ordinary success.

Muskan emphasized the significance of consistent practice when preparing for exams. She firmly believes that maintaining honesty and balance in your approach during interviews is crucial. By following these key tips, anyone can succeed on their first attempt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock