Livingstone Foundation International School

Educator

1. How did the idea of stepping into education strike you?

Though I had always envisioned being a teacher and an educationist, the chief motivation for stepping into the real world of education was my husband, Dr. Andrew Ahoto Sema who had always inspired me to not limit my potentials and his enthusiasm towards this profession gave wings to my present career as a school leader. It was nevertheless a gradual and uphill process and did not happen overnight.

2. What interested you to work in the education field?

: Education is a broad term which is not limited to schools and colleges, but it is a process which helps in nurturing human beings in the right perspective. The sheer satisfaction that I get while educating my own children and furthering their lives and career is what actually motivated me to join this field of nurturing human lives.

3. How does your knowledge and experience in the field of education influence your partner who is working in the same field and vice-versa?

Over the years, I have garnered a considerable amount of professional know-hows, chief credit of which I attribute to my husband’s relentless support and motivation and also to my own energetic self-acknowledgement of my hidden potentials. This has without doubt helped in complementing the efforts of my husband and ever since the time I have become a school leader alongside my husband, my knowledge and experience has helped him in always finding in me an inspirational support to carry forward the aims and aspirations of the institution.

4. In what ways is she/he your pillar of strength?

My husband is a particularly important pillar of my strength and success. He has always been a constant support through all the odds. I always look up to him not only as my life-partner but also as my guiding angel and mentor. He has a rare acumen of finding solutions for any problems or challenges that I may have to face as a wife, mother, or school leader. This helps a lot in bringing balance between family and work.

5. As your personal and professional lives are deeply intertwined, what are the unique challenges you face every day?

In today’s multi-dimensional world, we can never imagine our personal and professional lives being separated in water-tight compartments. Our personal and professional lives are no doubt intertwined due to which sometimes we face some challenges like having to attend programmes or meetings back-to-back and having to fulfill obligations back home at the same time.

6. How does your partner support you to deal with the daily challenges?

My husband has always been a great support in each step of my life. He always ensures that all of life’s challenges are mitigated through a well-planned approach. The best thing about him is that he never takes a hasty decision, and this has always ensured that all the challenges are well-handled and solved.

7. Being in the same profession you are exposed to differences of opinion. How do you cope with it?

Even though we are husband and wife, it does not mean that we should see eye to eye at various situations. Since we are two different individuals belonging to separate genders at that, we have our own distinct perspectives towards things. The secret to a blissful married life is understanding our own differences and acknowledging them. We always have our share of arguments but at the end of the day we respect each other’s viewpoints and opinions and never let those differences come in the way of our married relationship.

8. Maintaining a balance between work and home may get difficult at times, may it be for a husband or wife? How do you manage the same?

A working mother has a very challenging life as she is bound by her professional and familial responsibilities. However, this challenge has been well-mitigated by an understanding bond between me and my husband. We always share each other’s responsibilities which helps a lot in minimizing the gap between our professional and personal obligations. The systematic way in which we relegate our responsibilities and distribute work helps in ensuring that we get to spend quality time with our family and relatives.

9. Describe one special quality in your partner, which you wish you had and why?

One very special quality in my husband which I wish I had his quality of multi-tasking and simplifying complex tasks as it is not only result oriented but also saves a considerable amount of time which can be utilized for many other productive tasks. Moreover, he never leaves any work pending to be done later and believes in the idea of ‘What can be done tomorrow, should be done today, what can be done today, should be done now’!

10. How do you motivate each other in times of crisis?

During crisis and challenges both of us share some quality time of self-introspection and prayerful motivation. My husband always inspires me through his zeal and never-ending energy. The same goes for me as well. I always lend a helping hand and support him during his challenges with motivation and prayer. This has always ensured that he goes through his pain and suffering with ease and support. We always have each other’s back whatever be the situation we are faced with.

11. A message for the couples who are working in the same profession.

My personal message for couples working in the same profession would be to share a common bond of trust and mutual understanding so that there is no room for misunderstandings. Spouses should be transparent in their dealings both at work and home and should share their responsibilities so that work becomes more enjoyable and fun. Our personal egos should be set aside, and we should hold on to each other through all the odds.

12. When you enter the house the work stays at the door, as you have other things to pay attention to. Do you live by this policy, if yes how do you make it possible?

In today’s modern world, where we often need to work from home, I do not think it will be wise to leave our work at the door. Instead, I live by the policy of personalizing our professional lives in such a way that it does not invade our home spaces. As far as possible, we try to complete our work at our offices and only few of those things which we are sure to complete at home with ease are discussed or sorted at home. That way we never make our home our workplace and vice-versa.

13. What would be your success mantra to this perfect combination of personal and professional partnership?

: Maintaining personal and professional life can get pretty hectic sometimes. Being able to strike a balance between your professional and personal lives can help you become more productive and less likely to burnout. This balancing act takes careful planning and preparation, but it is possible. The success mantra for this to happen is to manage our time, set priorities, create schedules, avoid procrastination, eliminate distractions both at home and office, be innovative and most of all learn to say ‘no’ whenever you have to.

4 total views

The post appeared first on .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock