Little Elly School

Educator

1. How did the idea of stepping into education strike you?

The idea of stepping into the education sector stemmed from a desire to provide our children with the best facilities in a holistically developed curriculum. Our main aim was to make a positive impact on the lives of children and the community. When we came back to India in 2003, we noticed a lack of high-quality early childhood education in Bengaluru. Hence, we started our first Little Elly preschool in 2004.

2. What interested you to work in the education field?

We as individuals always loved the company of children. I worked as a teacher and loved being around the little bundles of joy. Our passion lies in equipping the youngest citizens of our country with self-confidence, compassion, and a strong value system. Our interest was fueled by seeing an empty gap in the education market, where there was a shortage of premium early childhood care and education.

3. How does your knowledge and experience in the field of education influence your partner who is working in the same field and vice-versa?

Both of us as individuals have been raised in different environments and been in situations unique to us. To this date, we are learning from each other and making sure that we utilize what we are best at. I take care of curriculum development and operations. Vittal takes care of the business growth of our preschools and schools. The fruitful result of this successful collaboration has not only blessed us with the immense support of thousands of parents but also led to Little Elly becoming the most loved preschool and giving major success to our K-10 school, Glentree Academy.

4. In what ways is she/he, your pillar of strength?

The beauty of life is that it has its ups and downs. We have been each other’s pillars of strength by being there for one another at times of success and adversity. Whether it be our personal or professional lives, we make sure that we actively listen and be empathetic.

5. As your personal and professional lives are deeply intertwined, what are the unique challenges you face every day?

As our personal and professional lives are deeply intertwined, the unique challenges we face would include making sure that we devote our time to our business and family adequately. Being blessed with two daughters has given us experiences that we will cherish forever. We make sure that when we are at home, we don’t let our professional duties intervene with our children’s upbringing. We always have an open ear for them and love to listen to the things that they have to share.

6. How does your partner support you to deal with the daily challenges?

My partner is my rock, my pillar of strength. He offers me unwavering emotional support, always ready to listen and provide comfort during tough times. He also provides practical help and advice, taking on some of the daily tasks and responsibilities that can feel overwhelming. Whenever I face a challenge, he is there to remind me of my strengths and encourage me to stay positive and focused. He has always created a safe and supportive space for me to share my thoughts and feelings, and we work together to find solutions to any problems that arise. I feel so grateful to have such an amazing partner by my side, and I know that with his support, I can handle anything that comes my way.

7. Being in the same profession you are exposed to differences of opinion. How do you cope with it?

As professionals in the same field, we encounter differences of opinion from time to time. We cope with them by approaching the situation with an open mind and a willingness to listen to others’ perspectives. We try to understand each other’s points of view and consider their opinions before responding. We make sure that we also communicate our perspectives clearly and respectfully, without attacking or belittling others. By acknowledging and respecting our differences, we can work together to find common ground and reach a better understanding. When conflicts arise, we seek to resolve them through open and honest communication, and by focusing on our shared goals and values. By doing so, we can and have maintained a positive and productive working relationship with each other and our colleagues, even when we have differences of opinion.

8. Maintaining a balance between work and home may get difficult at times, may it be for a husband or wife. How do you manage the same?

As a husband or wife, maintaining a balance between work and home can be challenging. To manage this, my partner and I prioritize communication and planning. We make a conscious effort to discuss our schedules and workload regularly, and we work together to find ways to support each other. This might include taking turns with our childcare or household responsibilities, or being flexible with our work schedules to accommodate family time. We also make sure to set aside time for ourselves and our relationship, whether it’s a dinner or a weekend getaway. By being intentional and proactive, we can maintain a healthy balance between our professional and personal lives. We don’t enforce the traditional norms of society and are there for each other when required.

9. Describe one special quality in your partner, which you wish you had and why?

I deeply admire Vittal’s ability to remain calm and level-headed in the face of stress or conflict. He always seems to know the right thing to say or do to diffuse a difficult situation and bring people together. I wish I had this quality because sometimes the way to move forward is by approaching the situation at hand with a calm and peaceful mind. Seeing my partner’s calm demeanor in action inspires me to work on cultivating this same sense of equanimity and grace under pressure.

10. How do you motivate each other in times of crisis?

In times of crisis, we try to motivate each other by staying positive and focusing on solutions rather than problems. We remind each other of our strengths and accomplishments, and we encourage each other to stay strong and resilient. We also make a conscious effort to listen to each other’s concerns and provide emotional support and reassurance. Sometimes, we might take a break from the crisis and do something fun or relaxing together to recharge our batteries and lift our spirits. By working together and supporting each other, we can navigate even the toughest challenges and come out stronger on the other side. Life is a joyride and we make sure that we enjoy it.

11. A message for couples who are working in the same profession.

The only message that we would like to give couples working in the same profession is that it can be both rewarding and challenging. You need to focus on finding the key to communication and use it regularly. Make sure that you make a conscious effort to encourage each other’s professional growth and celebrate each other’s achievements. Another important aspect is to respect each other’s individuality and avoid making comparisons or competing with each other. By working together and supporting each other, you will be able to balance your personal and professional lives and grow stronger as a couple.

12. When you enter the house the work stays at the door, as you have other things to pay attention to. Do you live by this policy, if yes how do you make it possible?

For us, maintaining a healthy work-life balance is essential, and one way we achieve this is by leaving work at the door when I come home. We make a conscious effort to disconnect from work emails and calls, focus on being present with our family and engage in activities that bring us joy. This might involve spending quality time with each other and children, watching a movie, having a hearty conversation over hot meals, etc. We also make sure to establish clear boundaries between work and home by setting realistic expectations and communicating them to our colleagues and loved ones. By prioritizing self-care and being intentional about how we spend our time, we can maintain a sense of balance and fulfillment in both our personal and professional life.

13. What would be your success mantra for this perfect combination of personal and professional partnership?

The success mantra for this perfect combination of personal and professional partnership is to understand that each one of us will have experiences that are unique to us. To be successful, we need to face the storm with a smile on our faces, even if it looks scary from the outside. The efforts put in by us should be consistent and our productivity shouldn’t be determined by how we feel at that time. Good days and bad days are a part of life, what differentiates one from others is the way you tackle them.

4 total views

The post appeared first on .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock