Know your Pension Status, How to check EPS status at EPFO portal at epfindia.gov.in

naveen

Checking the Pension status on EPFO portal is essential for every employee who has contributed towards EPF. It allows employees to verify their Pension status, and plan their retirement accordingly.

Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) is an essential component of the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) scheme. The EPS provides a pension to the employees who are eligible for the scheme.

The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is the government body that manages the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS).

When an EPF subscriber retires, he/she will be allotted a Pension Payment Order (PPO), a 12-digit number given to each pensioner covered by the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS)

Pensioners can check the status of their pension on the pensioner’s portal of EPFO. The 12 digit PPO number is unique for each pensioner/family pensioner and it works as a reference number for any communication.

Before we begin with the process of checking the EPS status, it’s crucial to understand the EPS scheme. The EPS scheme is a retirement benefit scheme that is available to all employees who are members of the EPF scheme.

The scheme provides a pension to the employee after retirement, which is calculated based on the length of service and the last drawn salary. Pensioners can check the status of their pension and lodge grievances using their 12 digit PPO number.

Employee Pension Status Check 2023

Employee Pension Status Check 2023
Name of the CheckPension Status Check 2023
TitleKnow your Pension Status 2023
SubjectHow to check Pension Status at EPFO portal
CategoryPension
Website
Pension Payment Enquiry
Pension Payment Check Details

The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is a statutory body that manages the (EPF) and Pension scheme. EPFO’s primary objective is to promote social security by providing retirement benefits to employees.

Subscribers of the EPF are given a 12-digit Pension Payment Order (PPO) when they retire. EPS subscribers can use this PPO to check the status of their pension on EPFO’s pensioner’s website.

This 12-digit PPO is unique for each pensioner or family pensioner and works as a reference number for any communication. This 12-digit can be used for registering complaints by pensioners or beneficiary families.

How to check pension status at EPFO portal​

As an employee, it's crucial to keep track of your pension status to ensure that you receive your retirement benefits on time. The good news is that the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has made it easy to check your employee pension status online.

1. Visit the EPFO Portal
    To check your EPS status, subscribers must visit the official EPFO portal, ).

2. Click on ‘Pensioner's portal’ link
    Once you reach the EPFO official website, under Online service, click on the Pensioner's portal on the home page.

3. Click on Know Your Pension Status link
    After clicking on that link, you will be redirected to the 'Welcome to Pensioners Portal. Click on 'Know Your Pension Status' which is mentioned on the right side of the page.

4. Enter details
    After that a new web page will be opened. Now select Office, office ID, enter PPO number and click on 'Get Status' to get status of your pension.

Benefits of Checking Employee Pension Status on EPFO Portal​

By checking your employee pension status on the EPFO portal, you can:

1. Ensure that your employer is making the correct pension contributions on your behalf.
  2. Keep track of your pension contributions and interest earned.
  3. Download your pension payment order (PPO) for future reference.
  4. Make sure that you receive the correct pension benefits after retirement.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)​

1. Can I check my pension status without creating an account on the EPFO portal?​

No, you need to create an account on the EPFO portal to check your pension status.

2. What is a Pension Payment Order (PPO)?​

A Pension Payment Order (PPO) is a document issued by the EPFO that contains details about an employee's pension, including the amount and payment frequency.

3. What should I do if I see an error in my pension status?​

If you see an error in your pension status, you should contact the EPFO immediately and provide them with the necessary details to correct the error.

4. Can I check the pension status of my deceased relative?​

Yes, you can check the pension status of your deceased relative by providing their UAN and other details.

1. In conclusion, checking the employee pension status on the EPFO portal is a simple process that can be done in just a few steps. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that your employees’ retirement savings are being managed properly, and you can fulfill your responsibilities as an employer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock