Farewell, My Fruity Friend: A Teacher’s Open Letter to Apples

naveen

Dear Apples,

As a teacher, I am writing this open letter to you in recognition of your timeless role in education. Throughout your long and storied history, you have graced teachers’ desks and represented a symbol of knowledge, wisdom, and the wellspring of education itself.

It all started in ancient Greece when teachers, philosophers, and poets recognized you for your mythical associations with wisdom and immortality. Since then, generations after generations of students have handed you over to their educators with trust and adoration. No other fruit has come close to establishing the same bond and connection between teachers and students.

But alas, my fruity friend, we must acknowledge that times are changing. With the digital revolution transforming the landscape of learning & teaching, your once-sacred position on teachers’ desks is slowly fading away. As classrooms became equipped with computers, tablets, and interactive whiteboards, you now seem like an antiquated metaphor.

We must also address the elephant in the room – our health concerns. It is true that “an apple a day keeps the doctor away,” but today’s unsure world has led us to become more cautious about touching things like doorknobs, let alone sharing fruits with our beloved students. Nonetheless, it will take more than health concerns to dethrone your enduring appeal.

Although you may no longer physically sit among our pencils and books on our desks, rest assured that your legacy will live on forever in our hearts. Your steadfast friendship throughout history is one that will not be forgotten anytime soon.

Farewell apples – know that we shall continue cherishing your virtues in myriad ways. Your representation of gratitude and appreciation from students will still be whispered through heartwarming notes or measured in every encouraging email received.

So here’s to you, dear apple – my delicious old friend – may your spirit remain in our classrooms, and may you continue to inspire new generations through the symbols of our educational journey.

Ever-so grateful,

A Loving Teacher

The post appeared first on .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock