CTET Exam Pattern 2024 for Central Teacher Eligibility Test

naveen

CTET Exam Pattern 2024 has been released by the CBSE for Central TET. The Central Board of Secondary Education has changed the exam pattern for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. The CTET exam will now be held in online mode.

According to the CBSE, in a bid to enhance the quality of a candidate entering the teaching profession, the Central Teacher Eligibility Test, CTET will now be conducted during December/ January in online mode.

The online mode is likely to motivate futuristic teachers to become computer literates also prevent the wastage of paper on account of printing of question papers and OMR sheets.

The syllabus has also been revised. This has been done with a view to inculcate better test material in terms of content and pedagogy.

The official notice of CBSE on CTET reads, “A detailed assessment framework with measurable competencies, sample blueprints, and sample questions will be released by the CBSE to enable aspiring candidates to prepare for the CTET examination.”

Name of the exam patternCTET Exam Pattern
TitleCheck the CTET Exam Pattern 2024
SubjectCBSE released the CTET Exam Pattern 2024
CategoryExam Pattern
Official website
Details of CTET Exam Pattern

CTET exam pattern​

The CBSE CTET exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. The CTET Paper 1 exam is meant for the candidates who wish to be teachers for class 1 to 5 and CTET Paper 2 is for those who wish to be teachers for class 6 to 8.

Those who intents to be a teacher for both levels (classes 1 to 5 and classes 6 to 8) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2)

CTET Paper I Exam Pattern: Paper I for Classes I to V Primary Stage: Duration of examination- Two-and-a-half hours

SectionNo. of QsMarks
Child Development and
Pedagogy (compulsory)
30 MCQs30 Marks
Language I (compulsory)30 MCQs30 Marks
Language II (compulsory)30 MCQs30 Marks
Mathematics30 MCQs30 Marks
Environmental Studies30 MCQs30 Marks
Total150 MCQs150 Marks

Nature and standard of questions​

• The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning relevant to the age group of 6-11 years.
  • They will focus on understanding the characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
  • The Test items in Language I will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction.
  • The Test items in Language II will focus on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
  • Language II will be a language other than Language I. A candidate may choose any one language as Language I and other as Language II from the available language options and will be required to specify the same in the Confirmation Page.
  • The Test items in Mathematics and Environmental Studies will focus on the concepts, problem-solving abilities and pedagogical understanding and applications of the subjects. In all these subject areas, the test items will be evenly distributed over different divisions of the syllabus of that subject prescribed for classes I-V by the NCERT.
  • The questions in the test for Paper I will be based on the topics prescribed in the syllabus of the NCERT for classes I – V but their difficulty standard, as well as linkages, could be up to the Secondary stage.

CTET Paper-II Exam Pattern: Paper-II for Classes VI to VIII Elementary Stage: Duration of examination – Two-and-a-half hours

SectionNo. of QsMarks
Child Development &
Pedagogy (compulsory)
30 MCQs30 Marks
Language I (compulsory)30 MCQs30 Marks
Language II (compulsory)30 MCQs30 Marks
Mathematics and Science
(for Maths and Science teacher)
OR
Social Studies/Social Science
(for Social Studies/
Social Science teacher)
*For any other teacher
(either (IV) or (V))
60 MCQs60 Marks
Total150 MCQs150 Marks

Nature and standard of questions​

• The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning, relevant to the age group of 11-14 years. They will focus on understanding the characteristics, needs and psychology of diverse learners, interaction with learners and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
  • The Test items in Language I will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction.
  • The Test items in Language II will focus on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
  • Language II will be a language other than Language I. A candidate may choose any one language as Language I and other as Language II from the available language options and will be required to specify the same in the Confirmation Page.
  • The Test items in Mathematics and Science and Social Studies/Social Science will focus on the concepts, problem-solving abilities and pedagogical understanding and applications of the subjects. The test items of Mathematics and Science will be of 30 marks each. The test items will be evenly distributed over different divisions of the syllabus of that subject as prescribed for classes VI-Vlll by the NCERT.
  • The questions in the test for Paper-II will be based on the topics prescribed in syllabus of the NCERT for classes VI-VIII but their difficulty standard, as well as linkages, could be up to the Senior Secondary stage.

CTET QUALIFYING MARKS AND AWARD OF CTET CERTIFICATE: As per NCTE notification, No. 76-4/2010/NCTE/Acad dated 11.02.2011: A person who scores 60% or more in the TET exam will be considered as TET pass.

Thus a revised syllabus thus will help to assess candidates’ understanding of teaching the subject, understand candidate’s pedagogic content knowledge, the knowledge relevance of the subject in the school curriculum, questions assessing planning of teaching-learning experiences, and assessment methodologies specific to the concept.

As per revised rules, the examination would be conducted with all Covid 19 protocols and SOPs. Candidates would be able to attempt online mock tests at CBSE’s facilitation centres in their respective districts.

The details on the submission of online application and examination dates would however be available in due course of time.

Till then candidates can go through the official notice shared above for more updates. Keep checking this page and CBSE’s official website ctet.nic.in. for more updates on CTET.

Candidates who have completed their post graduation from any recognised university can apply for CTET. Candidates appearing in the final year examination of PG degree course will also be eligible to apply for CTET.

Those who qualify for CTET exam can apply for the post of teachers in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya or any other Kendriya Vidyalaya by applying in the respective recruitment drive.

Applicants must have passed class 12 or equivalent with at least 50 per cent marks. For class one to five, they must also pass or appear in the final year of the four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (BElEd)/ two-year. diploma in elementary education/bachelor of elementary education/ BEd. While for class six to eight, candidates must have passed or appeared in BEd/BElEd.

What is the CTET exam pattern?​

The paper I consists of 30 MCQs each from child development and pedagogy, language I and II, mathematics, and environmental studies. While paper II comprises of 30 MCQs each from child development and pedagogy, language I and II, and 60 MCQs from either mathematics and science or social studies/sciences. The total of number of MCQs is 150 for each paper.

CTET 2024 info
(Updated)
( CTET Certificate)
CTET Latest Updates
TET Exam 2024
(ATET)
)
(Bihar TET 2024)
(UP Teacher Eligibility Test 2024)
Haryana TET (HTET)
(HTET 2024)
(HTET Admit Card)
(HTET Answer Key 2024)
(HTET Result 2024)
HP TET (Himachal Pradesh TET)
(Himachal Pradesh TET 2024)
Kerala TET (KTET)
(K-TET 2024)
Karnataka TET (KARTET)
(Karnataka TET)
Maharashtra TET (MAHATET)
Odisha TET
(Odisha TET 2024)
TTET (Tripura TET)
(Tripura TET 2024)
(Uttara
TET Exam 2024

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock