Candor International School

Educator

1. How did the idea of stepping into education strike you?

My journey began a decade ago when I was in the US. I started nurturing the concept of starting an educational institution back in 2009, and I realized the dream in 2011. My aim was to ensure that students make a seamless transition between Indian and Western schooling systems through exchange programmes for students, as well as teachers. My vision was to provide international education that was affordable, accessible, holistic, and taught children real-world skills. I find that millennials do not want an education that tells them what to think: they want an education that teaches them how to think. The International Baccalaureate and Cambridge curriculum value precisely the same concepts, which fit in line with his vision for an ideal education system.

2. What interested you to work in the education field?

I am the Chairperson of the Saketh Educational Trust which established Candor International School in Bangalore, Karnataka & Candor NPS in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh. My vision was to ensure that school education in India, in addition to providing academic excellence, also draws out and develops every student’s potential in Academics, Arts, and Sports.

Madhavi: I have had an incredibly positive impact from my teachers during my school and college years and when we started school, I wanted to do the same. There are so many things and ways you can improve in school. The international curriculum and the diversity in the community we have at school also made it very interesting as well as challenging.

3. How does your knowledge and experience in the field of education influence your partner who is working in the same field and vice-versa?

We did not have much experience in education before we started the school, but we have our own education and work experience with which we thought that we could go ahead. Working together we learn from each other and there is a lot of give and take of opinions, ideas, and decisions. Individually we look at issues from our own perspective, when implementing systems, we go ahead with a collective understanding.

4. In what ways is She/he your pillar of strength?

He gives me a different perspective on the situation. I get a better understanding of things that way so when we implement systems or work with people we go ahead with confidence.

5. As your personal and professional lives are deeply intertwined, what are the unique challenges you face every day?

We both share responsibilities at work based on our interests and experience. I look at the academic areas as this is my interest area. He heads the overall administration of the school. Our work is very interdependent, and we have established our own systems that work for us. We look at issues with a different perspective and address issues with that understanding so it makes it challenging when working together. We do have our differences, but the ultimate goal is what best suits the school. So, we go ahead with that goal.

6. How does your partner support you to deal with the daily challenges?

We both know work comes with its fair share of challenges and is the way of life. Problems and obstacles are seen as ways to move forward and make progress.

7. Being in the same profession you are exposed to differences of opinion. How do you cope with it?

We have our share of disagreements over issues and concerns like any other people in organizations do. We are aware that we do not have to agree on everything, we work towards a common goal of the development of school. So, our differences fade away when we see the end results.

8. Maintaining a balance between work and home may get difficult at times, may it be for a husband or wife? How do you manage the same?

Yes, it is difficult like in any other field of work. We are supportive of each other and share our responsibilities be it at work or at home.

9. Describe one special quality in your partner, which you wish you had and why?

He is a risk taker and someone who sees to the end of any work undertaken. I lean towards a more cautious approach which does not always produce faster results.

10. How do you motivate each other in times of crisis?

The interest in children’s education is a common ideology for both of us and that itself motivates both of us to take it forward.

11. A message for couples who are working in the same profession.

I would say share your responsibilities based on your personal interests and strengths. Respect your partner’s opinions as they come with their unique experiences and view things from that perspective. It may be different from yours, but that does not make it bad just another way of looking, thinking, and doing things. We just have to remember and respect that.

12. When you enter the house the work stays at the door, as you have other things to pay attention to. Do you live by this policy, if yes how do you make it possible?

There are other things to do when you enter the house but that does not take away our prime object of education and the school that we started. There is bound to be some discussion of work whenever the need arises.,

13. What would be your success mantra for this perfect combination of personal and professional partnership?

The sheer passion for education motivates us to go forward. We are dedicated to giving the opportunity to our children to have the same facilities and education that are available outside the country.

3 total views

The post appeared first on .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock