BBMP Property Tax Online Payment 2023 at bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in | Bengaluru

naveen

BBMP Property Tax Online Payment 2023 or BBMP Property Tax Payment Online 2023 facility is available at Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike website, bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in.

Citizens of Bengaluru BBMP can pay your Municipal property taxes conveniently through online mode at BBMP Property Tax Payment 2023 web portal by entering Property Tax Identification Number (PID).

Are you a resident of Bangalore looking for information on how to pay your BBMP property tax online for the year 2023? Look no further! This guide will provide you with a step-by-step process for paying your property taxes online, along with some frequently asked questions to help clear any doubts you may have.

Municipal Property tax or BBMP House Tax is one of the most significant sources of revenue for local governments, including the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) in Bangalore.

As a property owner, you are legally obliged to pay your BBMP Property Tax on time to avoid penalties and legal issues. Fortunately, paying your BBMP Property Tax has become much more convenient and secure with the introduction of online payment services.

In this page, we will provide information to you through the steps to pay your BBMP Property Tax Online or Bangalore House Tax in 2023, answer some FAQs, and highlight the benefits of doing so.

BBMP Property Tax​

The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is the municipal corporation responsible for governing Bangalore. One of the primary sources of revenue for the BBMP is the property tax paid by the residents of Bangalore. is a tax levied on the ownership of property, including land and buildings.

What is BBMP Property Tax?​

BBMP property tax or BBMP Municipal taxt is a tax imposed by the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike on all properties located within its jurisdiction. This tax is levied based on the Annual Rental Value (ARV) of the property.

The ARV is calculated based on factors such as the size of the property, its location, and its age. The BBMP uses this revenue to provide essential services such as garbage disposal, streetlights, and maintenance of public spaces.

TS Property Tax Payment 2023

BBMP Property Tax Payment 2023
Name of the PaymentBBMP Property Tax Payment 2023
TitleBBMP Property Tax Payment Online 2023
SubjectBBMP Property Tax Online Payment 2023
CategoryPayment
BBMP Karnataka Website
BBMP Property Tax Payment link
BBMP Property Tax Payment 2023

BBMP Property Tax is a tax levied on property owners in Bangalore by the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP). It is used to fund public services such as road maintenance, garbage collection, and other civic amenities.

It is important to pay your BBMP property tax or Bengaluru Property Tax on time to avoid penalties and legal action. The tax is calculated based on the annual value of the property, which is determined by the BBMP.

Benefits of Paying BBMP Property Tax Online​

Paying BBMP property tax online or Bengaluru House Tax Online offers several benefits over traditional payment methods:

Convenience: Paying your BBMP Property Tax online is much more convenient than visiting the BBMP office or standing in long queues. You can pay your tax from anywhere and anytime, as long as you have an internet connection and a device.

Time-Saving: Online payment of BBMP Property Tax saves a lot of time and effort compared to offline modes. You can complete the entire process within a few minutes, without any hassle or paperwork.

Secure and Reliable: The BBMP Portal is secure and reliable, with advanced encryption and authentication features to protect your personal and financial information. You can be sure that your payment is safe and accurate.

Transparency: Online payment of BBMP Property Tax provides transparency in the tax calculation and payment process. You can view and verify your tax amount, dues, penalties, etc., and also track your payment status.

Avoid Penalties: Online payment of BBMP Property Tax ensures timely payment and reduces the chances of penalties, int

Step-by-Step Guide to Paying BBMP Property Tax Online​

The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is responsible for collecting property taxes in Bangalore. The tax is calculated based on the property's location, usage, size, and other factors. Follow these steps to pay your BBMP property tax online for the year 2023:

1. Visit the BBMP Property Tax Payment Website
    The first step is to visit the BBMP property tax payment website at .

2. Select Your Property Type
    On the home page, select your property type from the options provided: “Residential,” “Non-Residential,” or “Vacant Land.”

3. Enter Your Property Details
    Enter your property details, including your property identification number (PID) or the old property identification number (OLD PID).

4. Check Your Property Tax Amount
    Once you have entered your property details, you will be able to view your property tax amount for the year 2023.

5. Select Payment Method
    Choose your preferred payment method from the options provided: “Credit Card,” “Debit Card,” or “Net Banking.”

6. Enter Payment Details
    Enter your payment details, including your card or bank details, and click “Pay Now.”

7. Download Your Receipt
    Once your payment has been processed, you will be able to view and download your property tax receipt.

How to Calculate BBMP Property Tax​

The BBMP uses a standardized formula to calculate property tax. The formula takes into account factors such as the size of the property, its location, and its age.

The ARV is calculated by multiplying the plinth area of the property by the monthly rental value per square foot, which is determined by the BBMP. The formula for calculating BBMP property tax is as follows: ARV = Plinth Area x Monthly Rental Value per Sq. Ft. x 12

Once you have determined your ARV, you can calculate your property tax by applying the applicable tax rate, which is based on the category of your property. The tax rates vary based on factors such as the location of the property and its usage (residential or commercial).

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)​

1. What is the deadline for paying BBMP property tax for the year 2023?​

The deadline for paying BBMP property tax for the year 2023 is March 31, 2023.

2. Can I pay my BBMP property tax offline?​

Yes, you can pay your BBMP property tax offline by visiting the BBMP office and paying in cash or cheque.

3. What happens if I miss the deadline for paying my BBMP property tax?​

If you miss the deadline for paying your BBMP property tax, you will be charged a penalty of 2% per month on the outstanding amount.

4. Can I pay my BBMP property tax in installments?​

No, BBMP property tax must be paid in full by the deadline.

5. What should I do if I have a dispute regarding my property tax assessment?​

If you have a dispute regarding your property tax assessment, you can file an objection with the BBMP. The objection must be filed within 30 days of receiving the assessment.

6. Is it mandatory to pay BBMP property tax?​

Yes, it is mandatory for all property owners in Bangalore to pay BBMP property tax.

7. How is the property tax calculated?​

The property tax is calculated based on the Annual Rental Value (ARV) of the property, which is determined by the BBMP.

8. Can I view my previous property tax payment receipts online?​

Yes, you can view your previous property tax payment receipts online by logging in to the BBMP property tax payment website.

9. Can I pay my property tax in advance?​

Yes, you can pay your property tax in advance for up to three years.

10. What should I do if I face any technical issues while making the payment?​

If you face any technical issues while making the payment, you can contact the BBMP helpline at 080-22660000 for assistance.

1. Conclusion​

Paying your BBMP property tax online for the year 2023 is a simple and convenient process. By following the step-by-step guide provided above, you can avoid the hassle of visiting the BBMP office and complete the payment from the comfort of your own home.

It is important to note that the deadline for paying BBMP property tax for the year 2023 is March 31. Failing to pay on time will result in a penalty of 2% per month on the outstanding amount.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock