AP TET Exam Pattern 2024 for APTET Paper 1, Paper 2

naveen

AP Govt has decided to conduct the AP TET as Computer Based Test. For this, AP TET 2024 Guidelines and APTET Exam Pattern 2024 have been released by the DSE AP.

Andhra Pradesh State Government, School Education Department is conducting Andhra Pradesh State Teacher Eligibility Test (AP TET) under the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act (RTE), 2009. For more details are available at
Guidelines for conducting Andhra Pradesh State Teacher Eligibility Test (AP-TET) under the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act (RTE), 2009 were issued for conducting Teachers Eligibility Test.

I . Eligibility Criteria for Candidates for Appearing APTET: The candidates at the time of applying for AP-TET should be in possession of the following minimum qualifications prescribed for category of I to V classes (Paper- I) and VI to VIII classes (Paper – II) separately.

(a) Minimum Qualifications For APTET Paper-I A (Classes I to V) (Regular Schools): (i) Intermediate / Senior Secondary (or its equivalent)/ Graduation / Post Graduation with at least 50% marks. However in case of SC/ST/BC/Differently Abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%.

And pass in 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 – year Diploma in Education (Special Education)/Bachelor of Education (B.Ed). (or)

(ii) Intermediate / Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks. In respect of SC/ ST/ BC/ Differently Abled candidates,

the minimum marks shall be 40%. and pass in 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education(B.El.Ed.) / 2 – year Diploma in Education (Special Education)/ Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) in case of the candidates, who have passed or admitted to D.El.Ed / D.Ed., course prior to NCTE Gazette Notification, dated: 23.08.2010.

Note: Minimum percentage of marks in Graduation shall not be applicable to those incumbents who has already taken admission to the Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Elementary Education or equivalent course prior to the 29th July, 2011.

AP TET 2022 Guidelines

APTET Exam Pattern 2024
Name of the exam patternAPTET Exam Pattern 2024
TitleCheck the AP TET Exam Pattern 2024
SubjectAP TET Exam Pattern 2024
CategoryExam Pattern
website
AP TET Exam Pattern details

(b) Minimum Qualifications For APTET Paper-I B (Classes I to V) (Special Schools): RCI Qualifications Elementary: Intermediate/ Senior Secondary and two year D.Ed.

Special Education in any of the category of disability (or) Intermediate/ Senior Secondary and one year Diploma in Special Education (DSE) in any of the category of disability . (or) Diploma in Community Based Rehabilitation (DCBR) with 6 months Certificate course in Education of Children with Special Needs. (or)

Post Graduate Diploma in Community Based Rehabilitation (PGDCBR) with 6 months Certificate course in Education of Children with Special Needs. (Or)

Diploma in Multi Rehabilitation Worker (MRW) with 06 months Certificate course in Education of Children with Special Needs. (Or) Junior Diploma in Teaching the Deaf. (Or) Primary level Teacher Training course in Visual Impairment. (Or)

Diploma in Vocational Rehabilitation – Mental Retardation (DVR-MR) / Diploma in Vocational Training and Employment – Mental Retardation (DVTE-MR) with 06 months Certificate course in Education of Children with Special Needs. (Or)

Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech (DHLS) with 06 months Certificate course in Education of Children with Special Needs. (Or)

Intermediate/ Senior Secondary passed with any RCI recognized qualification of minimum one year duration and 06 months Certificate course in Education of Children with Special Needs. (Or) Any other equivalent qualification approved by RCI.

(c) Minimum Qualifications For APTET Paper-II A (Classes VI to VIII) (Regular Schools): Mathematics and Science Teachers/ Social Studies Teachers

(i) Any graduation in concerned subject with at least 50% marks. In case of SC/ST/BC/Differently Abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 40%. and pass in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course / Bachelor of Education (B.Ed -Special Education). (or)

(ii) 4-year B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed., with at least 50% marks, in case of SC/ ST/ BC/ Differently Abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%.

Language Teachers (Classes VI to VIII): Graduation with Language concerned as one of the Optional Subjects (or) Bachelor of Oriental Language (or its equivalent) (or)

Graduation in Literature (or) Post Graduation in Language concerned and Language Pandit Training Certificate/ B.Ed with Language concerned as one of the Methodologies, in respect of Language Teachers.

(d) Minimum Qualifications For APTET Paper-II B (Classes VI to VIII) (Special Schools): RCI Qualifications Secondary Graduate with B.Ed.(Special Education)/ B.Ed.(General) with

one year Diploma in Special Education / B.Ed. (General) with two years Diploma in Special Education / B.Ed.(General) with Post Graduate Professional Diploma in Special Education (PGDC) / PG Diploma in Special Education (Mental Retardation) / PG Diploma in Special Education (Multiple Disability: Physical & Neurological) / PG Diploma in Special Education (Locomotor Impairment and Cerebral Palsy) / Secondary level Teacher Training Course in Visual Impairment / Senior Diploma in Teaching the Deaf / BA B.Ed. in Visual impairment/ Any other equivalent qualification approved by RCI.

Note:- (i) The candidates, who are appearing in the final year of Diploma in Elementary Education (or) Bachelor of Education (or) Language Pandit Training (or) D.Ed in Special Education or its equivalent (or) B.Ed in Special Education or its equivalent etc., are also eligible to appear for TET exam subject to the condition that the candidates cannot appear for Teacher Recruitment Test (TRT) with this TET certificate, unless the candidates acquire requisite qualification.

(ii) A Diploma/ Degree course in Teacher Education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However in case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed. (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.

(iii) Intermediate qualification of Board of Intermediate Education (BIE) of Andhra Pradesh State or its equivalent as recognized by Board of Intermediate Education (BIE), Andhra Pradesh State only shall be considered. Bachelor’s Degree of a University Recognized by UGC only shall be considered.

II. Structure and content of APTET: The structure and content of the TET is given in the following paragraphs. All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each carrying One Mark, with four alternatives out of which One Answer will be correct. There will be no Negative Marking. There will be Two Papers for the TET.

Paper-I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Classes I to V, Paper-II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Classes VI to VIII. A person who intends to be a Teacher either for Classes I to V or for Classes VI to VIII and having eligible qualifications specified above shall have to appear in both Papers (Paper I and Paper II).

APTET Exam Pattern​

Exam Pattern:

• The exam is conducted online as a Computer Based Test (CBT).
  • There are two papers:
    • Paper-I for candidates who want to teach classes I to V.
    • Paper-II for candidates who want to teach classes VI to VIII.
  • Each paper consists of 150 multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
  • Each question carries one mark.
  • There is no negative marking for any wrong or unattempted question.
  • The duration of the exam is 2.5 hours.
  • The medium of the exam is English and Telugu.

No. of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) are 150 in each paper. Duration of Examination is 2 hours and 30 minutes. Structure and Content (all compulsory) as follows.

APTET Paper-I A Exam Pattern and APTET Paper-I B Exam Pattern

SubjectNo. of Questions Marks
Child Development and Pedagogy30 Questions30 Marks
Language I30 Questions30 Marks
Language II (English)30 Questions30 Marks
Mathematics30 Questions30 Marks
Environmental Studies30 Questions30 Marks
TOTAL150 Questions150 Marks
APTET Exam Pattern for Paper-1 A and Paper-1 B

APTET Paper-II A Exam Pattern

Mathematics and Science Teachers60 Questions60 Marks
Social Studies Teachers60 Questions60 Marks
Language Teachers
(Telugu, Urdu, Hindi, English, Kannada, Odiya, Tamil and Sanskrit)
60 Questions60 Marks
APTET Exam Pattern for Paper-2 A

APTET Paper-II B Exam Pattern

Category of Disability Specialization and Pedagogy60 Questions60 Marks
APTET Exam Pattern for Paper-2 B

Medium of Question Paper: The APTET Question Paper shall be bilingual (i.e.,). English followed by the Language-I chosen by the candidates for all Languages except Sanskrit. For the candidates choosing Sanskrit, the questions shall be in Telugu followed by Sanskrit (Devanagari Script).

Applicability: The AP- TET shall apply to all the Schools referred to in Clause(n) of Section 2 of the RTE Act. However, a School referred to in Sub-Clause(iv) of Clause(n) of Section 2 of the RTE Act, may exercise the option of considering either the TET conducted by the Central Government or the AP-TET.

Weightage Of Tet Scores In The Teacher Recruitment : A 20% Weightage to TET scores shall be provided in the Teacher Recruitment of the State Government, balance 80% weightage will be for Written Test in Teacher Recruitment Test (TRT) based on which selection lists shall be prepared. However, mere qualifying the TET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/ employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for Teacher appointment.

Exemption From Passing TET: Teachers who were appointed before NCTE notification dt:23.08.2010 by the Competent Authority in Govt./ Local Authority as per Recruitment Rules prevalent at that time are exempted from appearing for TET.

However, Teachers working in Private Schools whose appointments were not approved by the Competent Authority are not exempted from passing TET.

Such Teachers of Private Unaided Schools shall appear for TET conducted by either the State Government or Central Government. In respect of non approved Teachers working in Private Aided Schools, they shall invariably appear for TET conducted by the State Government only.

Qualifying Marks In APTET: The qualifying marks for different categories are as shown below:

CategoryPass Marks
General60% and above
BC50% and above
SC / ST / Differently abled & Ex-Servicemen40% and above
Qualifying Marks In APTET

Differently abled (Visually, Orthopedically and Hearing Impaired) candidates with at least 40% shall be considered.

AP TET Certificate Validity​

• AP TET Certificate / Marks Memo shall remain valid for life time in accordance with NCTE guidelines dated: 09.06.2024 as amended by the Government in G.O.Ms.No.69, Dated: 25.10.2024.
  • The validity of TET qualifying certificate acquired prior to 09.06.2024 shall be valid for life time as per G.O.Ms.No.68, Dated: 25.10.2024.
  • The Certificate shall contain the Name and Address of the Candidate, Registration No., Year/ Month of Award of Certificate, Marks obtained in each Paper, Class level of its validity (Class 1st to 5th, Class 6th to 8th or Both) and in case of Classes 6th to 8th, the Subject Area (Mathematics, Science and Social studies) etc.,
  • The Certificate may be Electronically generated with adequate security features to avoid any kind of malpractice. The Joint Director, TET and Member Convener, Andhra Pradesh shall issue Memos/Pass Certificates in Digital Format to the candidates.

Download AP TET Marks memo / APTET Certificate​

• The Marks Memo/ Certificate of APTET 2024 shall be made available on APTET website only.
  • There is no restriction on the number of attempts and a person can take attend any number of times for acquiring APTET Certificate.
  • A person who has qualified APTET may also appear again for improving his/her score. In accordance with the NCTE guidelines the APTET certificate shall be valid for life time in accordance with NCTE guidelines dated: 09.06.2024 as amended by the Government in G.O.Ms.No.69, Dated: 25.10.2024.
  • The validity of TET qualifying certificate acquired prior to 09.06.2024 shall also valid for life time as per G.O.Ms.No.68, Dated: 25.10.2024
AP TET Info
AP TET Latest Updates

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock