Aisshwarya DKS Hegde

Educator

1.How did you get into the field of education and what inspires you the most to strive to set goals
for yourself?

After completing my engineering degree, I found myself at a crossroads, uncertain of what path topursue. That is when my family approached me to manage a group of schools that had been in operation for nearly two decades. As my father always says, it is completely left to us what we make out of the opportunities we get in life.

Likewise, the challenge now in front of me was not just to get into an unfamiliar field but to blend in a system that had leaders, principals, and colleagues who were twice and thrice my age.

What fascinated me was that I could learn the most and get back into the education system, and a huge opportunity at throwing a new focus on what I left that was missing in education when I was a student myself.

As a famous saying goes, with power comes responsibility, I decided that I was here to make use of the impact that I could create to do in creating a better learning environment. In the process, I became a learner myself as I faced a steep learning curve and found an opportunity to nurture a new generation of leaders who are committed to making the world a better place. Ultimately, my goal is to be a progressive educator who is able to help our students realize their full potential, both as learners and as citizens of the world and to be the best version of themselves.

1. Can you discuss a time when you had to navigate a difficult situation with school and how could
    you resolve i
    t?

To mention one, one of our schools was posed with a bomb threat during last academic year. Though upon initial scrutiny, the email seemed like a hoax, we knew we could not take chances, thousands of children at school were at stake! Staying calm was the need of the hour. Immediately we moved all of them to a secure location, which fortunately happened to be our institutions nearby.

In the midst of the challenge upped by the media attention we gained on that day, the issue was all over news channels. This led to the rise of another problem; to ensure a safe student disbursal to their parents and leave no room for questions regarding handover later.

As a team, we dealt with reassuring parents to keep the rising concern addressed, communicating the right way.

I learned that day that a problem has more sides to it than it seems and as leaders, we need to address it from each angle and not belittle any of it. Looking back, I realize that this experience taught me a great deal about crisis management and the importance of staying calm in the face of adversity.

1. What strategies do you use to have all stakeholders of your institutes be in line with your vision in education and how do you ensure collaboration?

In today’s world, it is all about creating an environment that is a happy space for the team members to contribute. In education, it is also about creating a mindset and a culture of learning, unlearning, and relearning to be engraved into the DNA of every stakeholder involved in the inclusive running of the organization. This can happen by leading through example.

Hence, I; as their leader, and the top leaders of my institutes, believe in humanistic leadership first and take responsibility for learning that we undergo, and take ownership of every activity that happens in school. We believe not only growing as an organization happens only when individual growth is brought about in every stakeholder of our institutes. This is how I like to take our organizations forward.

Aiming at mutual growth, as an individual, as a strong community, and as an organization, I believe strongly in creating a learning-centric community and try to bring in collaborations for a better learning environment and stand by it.

While we help create a learner-centric education system, we need all the stakeholders including parents, students, and teachers to be learners first; to be able to contribute to a positive and impactful community-driven environment to ensure impactful experiential learning. This can happen only when we break the barrier of being one entity. Collaboration is given much importance to match Industry 4.0 where collaborative learning also takes place at the school level.

1. How do you stay current with developments in the field of education, and what resources do
    you rely on to inform your practice?

I do learn every day from various resources and keep myself updated about the changes that are anticipated in education. I believe – Staying updated is crucial for us to remain top-notch, and we are here to stay!

1. What is your philosophy in the education industry that you have interpreted from your journey
    of 5 years in this field?

Education is a journey that must move from being an instructional education system and evolve into a learning-centric education system. To achieve this, we just need to make tiny creative changes and address the challenge in front of us. We need to be curious, connected, and community-driven.

My Philosophy is-

“Only with curiosity comes creativity!
Only with connectivity comes commitment!
Only with collaboration comes a positive change in a community-driven environment.”

7 total views

The post appeared first on .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock