21 Strategies to Help Students Who Cannot Finish Sentences or Express Complete Thoughts When Writing

naveen

Are you looking for strategies to help students who cannot finish sentences or express complete thoughts when writing? If so, keep reading.

1. Embody writing in or thoughts in legible for the learner to mimic.

2. After the learner proofreads their , have them explain why specific sentences do or do not express finished thoughts.

3. Assess whether the learner uses or expresses finished thoughts when speaking. Proficiency in spoken language typically precedes and influences the type of language used in written work.

4. . Refrain from those that can be answered by yes/no or a nod of the head (e.g., “What did you do at recess?” instead of “Did you play on the slide?” or “Tell me about your vacation.” instead of” Did you remain home over the holidays?”).

5. Give the learner shorter tasks while increasing the quality of expectations.

6. Inspect the learner’s written work at several points throughout the task to make sure the learner is using and thoughts in legible .

7. Give exercises for making sentences out of non-sentence groups of words.

8. Provide the learner a group of related words (e.g., author, read, love, best-seller, etc.) and have them make up a paragraph including all the words. Place emphasis on the use of or thoughts in legible .

9. Select a topic for a paragraph or story and alternate writing sentences with the learner to give a regular model of the components of a finished sentence.

10. Give the learner clearly stated criteria for acceptable work (e.g., neatness, , legible , etc.).

11. Ask the parents to encourage the learner’s use of and thoughts, both oral and written, by praising them when these are used at home.

12. Urge the learner to to help find and thoughts.

13. Create levels of expectations for quality performance and require the learner to correct or repeat tasks until the expectations are met.

14. Provide the learner a factual statement (e.g., some animals are dangerous) and have them compose several relating to that concept.

15. Ensure that the learner knows the (e.g., not finishing sentences or thoughts, writing too big or small, etc.).

16. Provide the learner a notecard to keep at their desk to serve as a reminder that all sentences must have a subject and a verb.

17. Provide the learner scrambled words and have them put them in the correct order to form a finished sentence.

18. Provide the learner several and have them combine them to make one longer finished sentence (e.g., “The cat is big. The cat is brown. the cat is mine.” becomes “The big, brown cat is mine.”).

19. (e.g., The first one starts with a word such as “I.” The next learner adds the second word, such as “like.” This process continues as long as possible to create one long, finished sentence.).

20. Select a peer to model writing in or thoughts for the learner. Designate the students to work together, perform tasks together, etc.

21. Consider using one of the apps on one of our best writing apps lists:

The post appeared first on .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock