Shawn Johnson East says spending the Olympics with her family is ‘better’ than winning

naveen

Olympic gymnast , a beloved athlete who captured hearts with her dazzling routines and infectious smile, has a different perspective on the Games this year. While she once competed for glory, she’s now finding her greatest reward in a different form – family.

Johnson East, who won a gold medal in the 2008 , is currently in , not as a competitor, but as a commentator and mother. She’s bringing her two-year-old daughter, Drew, and husband, Andrew East, along for the ride, creating memories that she believes are more valuable than any medal.

“I’m not competing, but it’s an experience I’m so happy to be a part of, especially with my family,” she shared on social media. “I’ve been so fortunate to experience the Olympics from both sides, and I can confidently say that being here with my family is way better than winning.”

Her candid statement resonated with many, reflecting a shift in priorities for many athletes and fans alike. The Olympics are no longer solely about individual achievements, but also about shared experiences and the bonds of family.

Being in Tokyo allows Johnson East to connect with the sport on a new level, sharing her knowledge and insights with viewers. It also allows her to witness the magic of the Games through a fresh lens, one colored by the awe and wonder of her daughter.

“Drew is so fascinated by everything,” Johnson East explained. “She’s clapping and cheering for every gymnast, and it’s so pure and innocent. It reminds me why I fell in love with this sport in the first place.”

Johnson East’s perspective offers a valuable reminder that the Olympics are more than just a competition. They are a platform for human connection, a celebration of athletic excellence, and a powerful reminder of the importance of family. As she watches from the sidelines, she’s not just a commentator, but a mother creating lasting memories for her daughter, memories that may be more precious than any medal.

While Johnson East’s Olympic journey has taken a different turn, her passion for the sport remains as strong as ever. This time, however, her focus is on family and creating lasting memories, a testament to the evolving meaning of the Games in a changing world.

The post appeared first on .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock